• A web-based add-on module to HRSource™
• Enables manager self-service and employee self-service
• Includes online leave request and approval process
• Individual password protection
Why use SelfSource™? Efficiency, Convenience, Data Accuracy, Productivity
- Reduces HR data entry (new hire info, personnel data changes)
- Reduces phone calls and paperwork
- Automates the benefits enrollment process
- Eliminates the challenge of reading difficult-to-read handwriting
- Shifts the responsibility for the accuracy of personal information back to the employee
- View their employee's leave activity and balance
- Process employees' leave requests
- Write employee appraisals, performance reviews online (see the Enhanced Performance Management module)
- Be reminded when performance reviews are coming due
- View prior performance reviews and compensation data
- Conveniently access current performance management forms
- Ensure the accuracy of data
What else is included in SelfSource™?
In addition to HR data and workflow functions that relate directly to the employee, SelfSource™ may also be used for disseminating general information* for employees and managers such as:
- Employee handbook
- Safety manual
- Performance Evaluation forms
- Benefits summary
Note: Up to ten additional links can be added inside SelfSource™, such as links to benefit providers on the SelfSource™ Benefits Enrollment page.
For organizations that already have an HR Intranet, Auxillium West will provide guidance on linking your HR Intranet to SelfSource™.
What About Security?
Web server software ensures that employees view only their own personal information, and that managers access data only on their employees. Employees and managers view data in a web-based environment linked to HRSource™. This means that employees don't directly enter the HRSource™ database, thereby keeping HRSource™ secure.
“Our system includes a full database that is payroll-interactive. With SelfSource™, employees can access and change personal info. We also have a Manager Tool Kit, which, among other things, allows managers to access data for their direct reports. On our HR Intranet, we have company history, organization charts, an employee directory, and more. There are also bulletin boards for employees to post “great services in the area” or “for sale” items. This product is Microsoft Access-based and was less than $7K! HRnetSource™ surpassed other similar systems in practical functionality and overall value. Jeff Moe, the founder, is a delight to work with and is very creative, responsive and capable.”
E. LARSEN, MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SelfSource™ requires a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Express version of SQL Server 2005 is sufficient) and a web server running IIS 5.0 or higher with ASP.NET 2.0 enabled. The web server must reside on the same local network as HRSource™.